Thursday, May 9, 2019

Shaheen & Gordon Internship Day Nine


Thursday; May 9, 2019

Hours - 7:00 AM-3:00 PM

Today began at Hillsborough Superior Court in Manchester. Jim was representing a man who possessed 5 pounds of marijuana and a gun in his car after it was searched by police following a traffic accident. Jim didn’t want this man to get a felony, so he arranged a deal with the prosecutor and judge that made everyone content in the end. Before this internship I had no idea how plea deals even worked, and I find it so fascinating how the law can be molded for different situations. When we got back to the office, Jim had a few client phone calls and then we went to lunch. After lunch I sat around for about an hour and left when Jim informed me he was continuing prep for tomorrow's depositions. However, later that day I received word from Jim that the judge had granted the motion the defense filed and the trial the team had been prepping for was cancelled. This was huge news because of the insane amount of work that was being poured into the case. I am relieved for Jim and the team because now they’ll be able to enjoy their summer a bit more. This also means I won’t have to travel to Boston for depositions tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment