Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Shaheen & Gordon Internship Day Seven

Tuesday; May 7, 2019

Hours - 6:00 AM-2:00 PM

Yesterday, I made plans to go to court in Nashua with Attorney Amy Spencer because Jim was absent in Washington for depositions. I met Amy at Nashua District Court and we chatted with our client, filling out forms. He was signing forms waiving some rights in exchange for a plea deal. The client was a man in his early 40s who had his second DWI but it was reduced to a first time offense with the penalty of a fine, rehabilitation, and breathalyzer device in his car to be installed after his license suspension is finished. While in court, a distraught man yelled at one of the security guards and I thought he was going to hit him. Sometimes court can be quiet, other times there are definitely moments where you are reminded there are many potential criminals. After court, I went back to the firm and I hung out in Amy’s office while she chatted with clients on the phone and I listened in. While at the firm I also ate an amazing piece of cake that was in the lunchroom.
Image result for nashua district court

No comments:

Post a Comment