Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Shaheen & Gordon Internship Day Three

Wednesday; May 1, 2019

Hours - 8:00-11:00

Today began just as it did on Monday. I know we would have court in the morning and I put on my suit and had coffee as I prepared to drive to Concord to the Merrimack County Court. I stopped and got gas and then arrived at the court. Prior to the hearing, I was allowed to meet with the family of the defendant and listen in on the meeting. The previous day, this defendants attorney and the prosecutor arranged a plea deal and the original charge (felony possession of a drug with intent to distribute) was lowered to a misdemeanor possession with conditions agreed on by the attorney, prosecutor, and defendant. After court, Jim and I grabbed bagels and chatted with a friend of his. At about 11:00, he said he would let me go because he was reading documents in preparation for a deposition tomorrow in Portland, Maine that I will be accompanying him to. I spent the remainder of the day reviewing news articles and videos related to the case Jim has been preparing for, in case it goes to trial. Photo credits to Concord Monitor.
Image result for merrimack county court

No comments:

Post a Comment